July is Smart Irrigation Month
| ||Visit the Irrigation Association to get tips on maintaining your irrigation system, installing an efficient irrigation system, and finding an irrigation professional. |
Water Conservation Program Current News
- The toilet rebate program has returned! One major change to the program is the age of the house--houses built before 2006 now qualify. See details on the rebate program page.
- On October 14, 2013, the City enacted Stage I of our Drought Contingency Plan--it is still in effect. This is a no more than twice-weekly watering schedule. IF you are going to water your property, you must adhere to one, or both, of your watering days. No irrigation is allowed between 10am - 7pm. Hand-watering is permitted on any day. See the Main Water Page for the watering schedule. Please note, that you DO NOT HAVE TO water your yard, this is if you are choosing to. With the cool temperatures, twice a week watering is really too much; it's really best to turn the irrigation system off and just water manually, if needed, on one of your water days.
- Water waste is prohibited year-round. Water waste is defined as broken or leaking sprinkler heads, overspray into the street or parking area, water running off the property, water ponding in the street or parking area, broken pipes, leaking faucets, misting irrigation, or other controllable leak.
- To report a water violation, email the Water Conservation program or call 512-671-2872. Please include specific details of date and time of violation and location.
Find out how much water daily household chores use and how to reduce your consumption with the home water works application, below:
Water Conservation Coordinator Jessica Woods explains how to set multiple start times on a controller in this informational video.
For additional information on water conservation programs, please contact Jessica Woods at (512) 671-2872 or via email
Back to Top
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media