Learn how and why to set a test program on your irrigation controller with Jessica Woods, Round Rock's Water Conservation Coordinator.
Round Rock is promoting water efficiency by:
Utilizing Reuse Water Tiered Water Rates in the summer months (May - October) Free irrigation system evaluations Rebates for Efficient Appliances and Upgrades Collaboration with water efficiency organizations
- New toilet rebate program for commercial properties begins on March 31, 2014. See details on the rebate program page.
- As of January 1, 2014, the toilet rebate program for residential properties (homes) has ended.
- On October 14, 2013, the City enacted Stage I of our Drought Contingency Plan--it is still in effect. This is a no more than twice-weekly watering schedule. IF you are going to water your property, you must adhere to one, or both, of your watering days. No irrigation is allowed between 10am - 7pm. Hand-watering is permitted on any day. See the main Water page for the watering schedule. Please note, that you DO NOT HAVE TO water your yard, this is if you are choosing to. With the cool temperatures, twice a week watering is really too much; it's really best to turn the irrigation system off and just water manually, if needed, on one of your water days.
- Water waste is prohibited year-round. Water waste is defined as broken or leaking sprinkler heads, overspray into the street or parking are, water running off the property, water ponding in the street or parking area, broken pipes, leaking faucets, misting irrrigation, or other controllable leak.
Find out how much water daily household chores use and how to reduce your consumption with the home water works application, below:
Water Conservation Coordinator Jessica Woods explains how to set multiple start times on a controller in this informational video.
For additional information on water conservation programs, please contact Jessica Woods at (512) 671-2872 or via email
Back to Top
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media