The Registered Optician’s Association of Texas (ROATx) statewide community service program partners with the Lions Club to offer free Vision Screenings to Round Rockarea children.
The Registered Optician’s Association of Texas Early Childhood Vision Screening will be conducting vision screenings for area 1, 2, 3, & 4 year olds at the Texas Baptist Children’s Home in Round Rock next from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25. No appointment necessary.
- Since its inception, the Early Childhood Vision Screening has referred nearly 80 children with potentially blinding conditions.
- We are expecting a visit from State Representative Diana Maldonado during the screening.
The Vision Screening is open to all children up to age 4. The screening is a free service of the Registered Optician’s Association of Texas.
- Screening is done with equipment supplied by PediaVision.
- On average, a screening will take less than 2 minutes and is done without ever touching the child.
- When caught by the age of 4 and referred to the proper specialist, there is an approximate 98 percent cure rate.
- It is estimated that one in every four children has a vision issue, and 50 percent of learning disabilities among children today can be attributed to vision problems.