The Registered Opticianâ€™s Association of Texas (ROATx) statewide community service program partners with the Lions Club to offer free Vision Screenings to Round Rockarea children.
The Registered Opticianâ€™s Association of Texas Early Childhood Vision Screening will be conducting vision screenings for area 1, 2, 3, & 4 year olds at the Texas Baptist Childrenâ€™s Home in Round Rock next from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25. No appointment necessary.
- Since its inception, the Early Childhood Vision Screening has referred nearly 80 children with potentially blinding conditions.
- We are expecting a visit from State Representative Diana Maldonado during the screening.
The Vision Screening is open to all children up to age 4. The screening is a free service of the Registered Opticianâ€™s Association of Texas.
- Screening is done with equipment supplied by PediaVision.
- On average, a screening will take less than 2 minutes and is done without ever touching the child.
- When caught by the age of 4 and referred to the proper specialist, there is an approximate 98 percent cure rate.
- It is estimated that one in every four children has a vision issue, and 50 percent of learning disabilities among children today can be attributed to vision problems.