Ten workstations with Internet connection and printing capability located on the 1st floor. See layout map for location.
Library Computer Policies
- Children under the age of six must be accompanied by an adult
- Computer use is first-come, first-serve
- Log-in is required using your library card number
- One hour limit if others are waiting
- Staff will not provide training other than getting onto the machine
- Staff have the right to interrupt or cancel the use of a computer
- Abuse of the rules, or equipment may result in the loss of computer privileges
- Saving to a disk is not available
- Although the library has installed NetNanny, this software does not guarantee that the child cannot access material that you may deem inappropriate.
- Help your children understand what materials you do not want them to use.
- It is the Library's policy that parents or legal guardians must assume responsibility for deciding what library resources are appropriate for their children.
- Instruct your children on rules for online safety.
If you are concerned about inappropriate sites, you should supervise your child's Internet sessions. Please contact Children's Department at 512-218-7002 if you have any questions.