Skip to page body Home About Round Rock What's New City Services Library Parks & Recreation Departments
Round Rock, Texas - Purpose. Passion. Prosperity.
  Click here to start search.
City Attorney
General Services
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Human Resources
Inspection Services
Municipal Court
Parks & Recreation
Planning and Development Services
Utilities & Environmental Services
Utility Billing
 Filing Complaints Against Police Officers

Complaints against a Round Rock police officer may be made by phone, by letter, or in person. In order to file a complaint you may contact Lt. Robert Rosenbusch or the Police Supervisor on duty. The address and telephone number for making complaints is:

Round Rock Police
Internal Affairs Office
2701 N. Mays
Round Rock, TX 78665
Main number (512) 218-5500
Internal Affairs Office (512) 218-3262
Lieutenant Robert Rosenbusch

Formal complaints against Police Officers are accepted in writing and signed by the person making the complaint. You may make an appointment with the Internal Affairs Office to arrange and complete that process. Just as citizens who are arrested must be notified of the charges against them, Police Officers must also be notified and provided a copy of the complaint prior to any potential employment action.

  • The Department does not accept complaints later than 180 days from the date of the incident related to the complaint, with exception to very special cases such as criminal misconduct, or when good cause can be shown making the complaint sooner was not possible or practical. Complaints must be made by a person who “has standing:” i.e., the actual recipient of police misconduct, a person who witnesses an unlawful act by a Police Officer, or parents/legal guardians making complaints on behalf of minors.

  • A person who wishes to file a complaint involving violations of civil rights may also choose to make his/her complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice by contacting your local F.B.I. office (Federal Bureau of Investigation). 

  • The Internal Affairs Office does not accept complaints in regard to the guilt or innocence of defendants in traffic ticket cases and/ or criminal offenses. Those matters are reserved to the judgment of the proper judicial court for adjudication.

Some files require a special viewer - Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader ZIP WinZip DOC Word XLS Excel PPT PowerPoint WMV Windows Media

City of Round Rock | 221 East Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664 | Phone: (512) 218-5400
©2014 City of Round Rock. All Rights Reserved. | Customer Survey | Site Map | About this website