Skip to page body Home About Round Rock What's New City Services Library Parks & Recreation Departments
Round Rock, Texas - Purpose. Passion. Prosperity.
  Click here to start search.
City Attorney
General Services
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Human Resources
Inspection Services
Municipal Court
Parks & Recreation
Planning and Development Services
Utilities & Environmental Services
Utility Billing

WarrantsIf you fail to appear in court as provided by law for the prosecution of this offense(s) or fail to properly dispose of your case, you may be denied renewal of your driver's license or denied the right to register a motor vehicle in this state. In addition, a warrant will be issued for your arrest, increasing court costs in your case.

When a warrant has been issued
If a warrant has been issued for your arrest, you may pay the amount of the warrant in full by mailing a money order or appearing at the Municipal Court Clerks Office with cash,  money order, or your personal Visa/MasterCard (The card must be in the name of the person who received the violation). If you would like to plead "Not Guilty" to the offense you must post a bond in the amount assessed by the Judge. 

Any questions regarding your warrant must be directed to the Municipal Court.

If you fail to appear
Upon default, your case will be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety for the "Failure to Appear" program. This program places an indicator on your drivers license that you have unpaid fines or outstanding charges in our court. The indicator prohibits a person from renewing their driver's license until all indicators have been cleared.

It is the policy of Round Rock Municipal Court, that until you are acquitted, or the judgment(s) against you have been fully satisfied, the indicator remains in force. The "indicator clearance" process will take at minimum, 72 working hours. The driver's license can not be renewed until the indicator has been deactivated.

Within 60 days of an appearance or payment default, regardless of judgment, the case is forwarded to a collection agency who will charge an additional 30 percent of the total amount owed.

City of Round Rock | 221 East Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664 | Phone: (512) 218-5400
©2014 City of Round Rock. All Rights Reserved. | Customer Survey | Site Map | About this website