Description: To reduce noise in neighborhoods that are adjacent to Railroad Crossings. Conducted analysis to identify safety improvements needed for at-grade rail crossing has been completed. Budget:
$3,100,000 (includes $1,600,000 in Federal Grants)
Project Manager: Bill Stablein - (512) 218-3237
- Environmental documents have been submitted to TxDOT
- Construction plans complete. Initial agreement received from Union Pacific Railroad.
- Preliminary Engineering completed and submitted to Union Pacific Railroad.
- Coordination with Union Pacific Railroad and TxDOT ongoing.
- January or February bid on Signals and Traffic work.
Project Timeline: Construction estimated to begin June 2015
Engineer: Brown and Gay Engineers
Construction Contractor: TBD
Project Map:View Railroad Quiet Zones in a larger map