Improve efficiency of the transportation network by eliminating bottlenecks
Identify, design and construct various bottleneck solutions
1. Red Bud Lane at Forest Creek Drive â€“ dedicated right turn lane for southbound to westbound traffic at Red Bud Lane and Forest Creek Drive
Status: Design is 95% complete, evaluating feasibility of median modifications to further improve safety and mobility
1. University Boulevard at Sunrise Road â€“ Right turn lane for eastbound to southbound traffic.
Status: Completed February 2013
2. Gattis School Road at Rusk â€“ Center turn lane addition along Gattis School Road between Via Sonoma and just west of Rusk Road
Status: Completed July 2013
3. Old Settlers Boulevard at A.W. Grimes Boulevard - dedicated right turn lane for eastbound to southbound traffic at Old Settlers Boulevard and A.W. Grimes Boulevard
Status: Completed June 2013
The schedule for each individual improvement is determined by the scope of work.
- Budget - $1,600,000
- Project Manager - Todd Keltgen - (512) 218-5583
- Engineer - various
- Construction Contractor - various