Historical Markers In and Near Round Rock
The Historic Round Rock Collection is a project documenting Round Rock's history, funded in part with a grant from the Texas Historical Commission. These pages are adapted from the original 1991 print version.
Historical Markers in Round Rock
There are many marked historical sites in and around Round Rock. Some have been designated as Texas Historic Landmarks and are on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of these properties display a National Register plaque, sometimes with explanatory text.
At this time Round Rock does not have an official plaque to indicate local designation, but a few properties have descriptive plaques provided by civic groups. Click image above to open a larger map. more information is available about some properties on the Historic Architecture page.
|T||Texas Historical Marker with explanatory text |
|M||Texas Historical Medallion (no text) |
|L||Local Historical Marker with explanatory text |
Andrew J. Palm House (Visitor Center/Chamber of Commerce)
212 E. Main Street
|Dr. Dick Gregg Memorial|
212 E. Main Street
J.A. Nelson Company
201 E. Main Street (Early Commercial Building)
|Otto Reinke Building |
102 E. Main Street
Old Broom Factory
100 E. Main Street (marker on the Mays side of the building)
|Sam Bass Death Site|
In grass on the south side of Round Rock Avenue just west of Mays Street. The actual site of his death is directly across Round Rock Avenue.
|Baylor Bus Crash Memorial |
Northeast corner or S. Mays Street and Bagdad Street. Erected by the State Highway Commission.
405 E. Main Street
|Trinity Lutheran College |
1000 E. Main Street (on the north side of the street, just east of College Street)
South side of Palm Valley Road (US 79).
|Double File Trail |
2 miles east of Mays Street (US 81) on the south side of Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79)
West of the entrance of Old Settler's Park, 3 miles east of Mays Street (US 81) on the north side of Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79).
|Palm Valley Lutheran Church|
2500 Palm Valley Blvd.
|Anti-Slaveholding Union Baptist Cemetery|
0.6 mile north of Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79) on the east side of FM 1460.
|Washington Anderson House (El Milagro)|
Heritage Center Circle, off Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79), 0.2 mile east of Mays Street (US 81)
|Texas Baptist Children's Home|
Near the northeast corner of N. Mays (US 81) and Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79)
On the east side of N. Mays Street (US 81) just south of Palm Valley Blvd. (US 79) across from the entrance to the First United Methodist Church
|Old Stagecoach Inn|
901 Round Rock Avenue (marker missing)
603 Chisholm Trail.
|The Round Rock|
On the bridge over Brushy Creek on Chisholm Trail just north of Round Rock Avenue (RM 620). A local historical marker is nearby.
|The City of Round Rock (Old Town)|
In the north side of the creekbed, just east of the Round Rock marker
|William M. Owen House Complex (St. Charles Hotel)|
8 Chisholm Trail
Round Rock Cemetery
At the entrance of the cemetery on the north side of Sam Bass Road, 0.5 mile west of IH-35. Slave Burial Ground Marker is also located here.
|Slave Burial Ground|
Mid-way along the west border of Round Rock Cemetery on the north side of Sam Bass Road, 0.5 mile west of IH-35. Round Rock Cemetery marker is also located here.
On the south side of West Louis Henna Blvd., 0.6 mile west of IH-35
Back to the Historic Round Rock Collection home page.