Monday, April 21 - Saturday, April 26
It's time to clean out the clutter and dispose of those hazardous chemicals properly!
The City of Round Rock 2014 Spring Clean-Up Week is Monday, April 21 thru Friday, April 25, followed by the Spring Household Hazardous Waste Day on Saturday, April 26.
Spring Clean-Up Week
Spring is in the air and if you're like most people, that means it's time to do some spring cleaning. The City's Annual Spring Clean-Up Week is the perfect opportunity to get rid of that old furniture or other bulk items without the hassle of hauling it off.
It's EASY and it's FREE! Just place your bulk items (see list below) neatly at the curb with normal trash on your regular scheduled pick up day.
Due to the large amounts of material expected, some items may not be picked up on the scheduled garbage collection day. There will be quantity restrictions. Please contact Round Rock Refuse at (512) 255-4980 for details.
Spring Household Hazardous Waste Day
Saturday, April 26, 8 a.m. - noon (rain or shine)
Finish up that Spring Cleaning by disposing of household hazardous waste (HHW) the environmentally friendly way! Residents can bring leftover paint, pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals (see list below)
to the Recycling Center located at 310 Deepwood Drive.
- Valid driver's license
- Recent City of Round Rock water bill as proof of residency or a valid HHW Voucher
- Only residential waste in quantities of 25 gallons or less
| HHW Items Accepted||HHW Items NOT Accepted|
| Pesticides||Contractor or Business Waste|
| Herbicides||30 gallon & 50 gallon drums of materials|
| Poisons||Medical Waste|
| Pool Chemicals||Sharps|
| Household Cleaners||Radioactive Materials|
| Paint/Paint Thinner||Bullets & Live Ammunition|
| Polishes & Varnishes ||Explosives, Fireworks & Flares|
| Lacquer||Gas Cylinders|
| Aerosol Cans|| |
| Solvents|| |
| Turpentine|| |
| Adhesives|| |
| Mercury|| |
| Smoke Detectors|| |
| Automotive Products|| |
Back to top
Monthly HHW Collection Events are held the first Wednesday of every month from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Drop-off Recycling Center. For more information about this program see HHW Collection. If you have any additional questions please call (512) 218-5559 or e-mail email@example.com.
Drop-off Recycling Center
310 Deepwood Drive
(Just west of Round Rock High School)
Open Daily 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following items are accepted daily at the Recycling Center:
- Electronics: computers, television sets, etc.
- Automotive products: motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, oil filters
- Non-freon appliances: washers, dryers, hot water heaters, stoves, dishwashers
Please visit Drop-Off Recycling Center for the complete list of items accepted daily at the Recycling Center.
- Non-freon appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers and hot water heaters can be placed curbside during the Spring Clean-Up Week, however they are not recycled. These can be recycled at the City's Recycling Center during normal business hours.
- Freon appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioner units and appliances that at one time contained Freon, CAN NOT be accepted at the City's Recycling Center or at the curb during the Spring Clean-Up Week.
- The following companies offer Freon appliance recycling services for a service fee. For more information please contact the following companies:
Tires - call the following companies for tire disposal information:
- Wal-Mart Automotive Center - (512) 310-9024
- Discount Tire - (512) 341-8593
- NTB National Tire and Battery - (512) 238-9523
Brush Recycling - Visit Brush Recycling for information or to schedule a pick-up, or you can call the Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 218-5540. Pick-up requests can also be made online. The Brush and Recycling Services brochure (PDF) highlights the brush pickup program and free mulch available at the City of Round Rock.
HHW Voucher Program
The Voucher Program is for out of city residents located in the Fern Bluff or Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District (MUD). These residents can participate in the City's HHW Collection Events upon presentation of a valid voucher. If you are a resident of either of these two MUD's, select the appropriate link below for information on how to obtain a voucher.
Brushy Creek MUD Fern Bluff MUD
Back to top
Some files require a special viewer
- Use the list below to locate the proper program based on file-type:
PDF Adobe Reader
WMV Windows Media