Police Cadets are applicants that have not attended a police academy and/or have no previous law enforcement experience. If the Round Rock Police Department selects an applicant as a Cadet, the Department will provide the necessary academy training.
In order to qualify for the program the candidate must meet the following:
- Applicant must meet the Round Rock Police hiring requirements.
- Must successfully complete a basic Peace Officer course.
- Must pass the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) licensing exam.
- Attend the Round Rock Police Orientation Session for 10 weeks.
- Must complete the Round Rock Police Department’s Field Training Program.
Applicants must successfully complete the hiring process to qualify for the Cadet Program.