The Round Rock Police Department will give two years of service credit to qualified officers from other law enforcement agencies if they are selected for our program.
In order to qualify for the program the candidate must meet the following:
- Applicant must meet all Round Rock Police hiring requirements.
- Must be a TCLEOSE certified officer or have the equivalent certification from another state.
- Certified officers from out of state must become TCLEOSE certified or attend a regional police academy.
- Must have four (4) years law enforcement experience, no more than 180 day break in service (prior service subject to approval).
- Qualified applicants will be given two years service credit as it applies to salary and in the promotional process.
- Attend the Round Rock Police Orientation Session for 8 weeks.
- Must complete the Round Rock Police Departmentâ€™s Field Training Program.
Applicants must successfully complete the hiring process to qualify for the Lateral Entry Program.
Training & Recruiting
Phone: (512) 218-6651 | Fax: (512) 218-5539