Library offers basic computer skills training for job seekers
Digital Literacy Corps
The Round Rock Public Library is partnering with the Central Texas Library System to provide a series of classes that provide job seekers with the necessary basic computer skills to prepare to enter the workforce and find and apply for jobs online.
- Classes are free to the public for ages 17+, and all skill levels are welcome.
- The Digital Literacy Corps program is for job seekers ONLY. No home schoolers or retirees, please.
- Limited to 12 people per class.
- Signup is required and includes all 5 classes.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. We will take a waiting list incase of dropouts.
- Computer Basics, Thurs., May 12, 6:30 p.m.
Learn the parts of the computer, how to use a mouse, keyboard, and basic programs.
- Internet Basics, Thurs., May 19, 6:30 p.m.
Weâ€™ll cover how to connect to the internet at the library, the basics of surfing & searching, and Internet safety.
- Email Basics, Thurs., May 26, 6:30 p.m.
Explore popular free email service providers and learn the basics of sending and receiving email.
- Searching for a Job Online, Thurs., June 2, 6:30 p.m.
Tour the best job search websites, learn about online networking, and explore web resources for every step of the job search process!
- Applying for a Job Online, Thurs., June 9, 6:30 p.m.
Learn about e-resumes and online etiquette when applying for a job through email.
To learn more or sign up for classes, contact the Library at 512-218-7000 or just drop by the library!
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011