Round to Rock

Round 2 Rock

Wow ... our third week of the program and I am definitely feelin' it. I've always known I've had more muscles than I'm used to using, but OMG, I haven't felt them in a long time, and they hurt! Our second workout with Brannon at Crossfit didn't feel as "bad" as the first, but I'll know Saturday morning just how the two compare!

I am so glad I decided to do the program, I'm sure about half way through I might not be, but in the long run, it will all be worth it!!!

Comments

Shannon said:

As one of the trainers with CrossFit Texas, today I had the privelage to work with some HARD WORKING-MOTIVATED participants of the Round-To-Rock program.  You all were AMAZING and did some serious soul searching.... kind of hard not to when you're in the middle of a BURPEE!!!!!  Keep up the good work guys and gals!!!! You ALL are an inspiration!

# September 24, 2009 10:26 PM

Will Hampton said:

OK, I've got to ask: What's a burpee?

# September 28, 2009 5:19 PM

Michelle Palmer said:

A burpee...1st of all it is torment! But the best way to describe it is you drop down flat on your stomach then push up into a "pushup" position, then jump straight up to standing & clap your hands over your head!!! Do that about 50x... They're a well known football drill; up downs are what I've always called them.

# September 28, 2009 5:59 PM

Shannon said:

Mr. Hampton

Come on over to CrossFit Texas and we will be MORE than happy to show you what a BURPEE is! :-) I bet any of the Round to Rock participants would be happy to show you! Just one of the many tools you can take away and implement in your everyday life to maintain a healthy lifestyle! We are all about FUNCTIONAL FITNESS! www.crossfittx.com.  We look forward to seeing you!!!!

# September 30, 2009 1:57 AM

Bob Eskridge said:

Ouch, ouch, ouch....

# September 30, 2009 2:14 PM

Michelle Palmer said:

Ok, I know these workouts aren't suppose to be easy, which they are not; but I am wondering, am I just getting stronger that makes them seem easier?

We're only 3 wrkout weeks into the program, so I'm sure there's gonna be some wrkouts that are gonna be ALOT tougher than what we've done!

I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scale Monday @ Seton. I'm not going to focus on what the # shows on the scale, its' just going to be a guide as to what I have achieved in the last 4wks. and what else I want to achieve in the next 8wks.!!!

# October 1, 2009 4:17 PM
Remember:
If you would like to comment, you need to join Community Conversations