Round Rocker: Parks and Recreation 411

Have you visited the Round Rock Dog Depot yet?

I have just moved to north Austin and have been looking for a place to take my puppy to play.  I am used to taking her to all the parks in south Austin where she can play, socialize and tire herself out. Unfortunately, the only "dog parks" I can find in north Austin are trails where there are very few other dogs to play and no fences. So, if your dog is not necessarily the best listener, then you have to keep them on a leash. My dog did not find this as fun....

But good news! For anyone living in north Austin and especially those in Round Rock who are looking for a place to let your dog have fun and play without you having to provide the action, you have a great dog park available to you. The Round Rock Dog Depot is a 1.85 acre park that is FENCED and leash free. The park is located at 800 Deerfoot Drive (behind Lake Creek Pool). If you haven't checked it out yet, I strongly recommend it. Your dog will love you for it.

Also, Parks and Recreation have been trying to think of some events to hold at the dog park.  For example, a talent show, yappy hour, meet and greet, etc. I am welcome to all ideas, so feel free to share!

Comments

Brooks Bennett said:

I have not been out to the dog park in a few weeks. It is getting so hot, and Steve Martin is waiting for the running water to get all connected so he can keep up with this heat.

Can you give us an update on the status of the future amenities at the Dog Depot and maybe a quick idea of when they will be in place?

# June 4, 2008 8:46 AM

Brooks Bennett said:

Thanks for the update, I'll tell Steve...

# June 4, 2008 3:20 PM

evansmommytx said:

I tried to visit.  First I couldn't find it because there were no signs or anything, so I called RRPARD and they told me it was behind the pool, but we still didn't go in because I could not find any marked entrance or exit and I didn't know where to park, plus there were no other dogs and a bunch of construction workers.  I guess it's not finished yet.  I hope it will be easier next time we try it!

# June 5, 2008 9:21 AM

Kristi Morgan said:

Well now that is a problem! The dog park looks like it is under construction because technically it is.  We are in the process of putting in a running water connection, but the park is still open.

As for getting you into the park, I understand that it can be confusing the first time around.  We are getting signs put in to direct you in about 2 weeks so hopefully that will help the confusion.

In the mean time, I will try to help you out.

If you make your way to Lake Creek Pool you come to a split road. You want to veer toward the left to take the road behind the pool.  When you get to the dog park opening you want to again veer to the left. You should then be sitting in front of it and above the entrance is a sign that says "Dog Depot." That is where you can enter the park.

I hope this helps you out so that next time you visit you and your dog can enjoy the park. I will continue to keep you updated. Thank you for your comment!

# June 5, 2008 5:00 PM

webgrafix said:

I just found the park last weekend. Thanks everyone for helping with the extra directions! Hope to see you all there! I have the chocolate lab.

# June 17, 2008 4:23 PM

tommypetdog said:

Sounds like a great park! I think I am going to take my rottweiler; Rocky, there next week when I have the time!

# February 19, 2009 1:13 PM
Remember:
If you would like to comment, you need to join Community Conversations