Special Events

March 2011 - Posts

Join us for "Exercise in the Parks" tomorrow!

Bring your family for a FREE exercise program lead by our Sports Capital of Texas Ambassadors! Join us tomorrow morning, Saturday, March 26th at 9:00am for CoreSpeed in the Park at the Old Settlers Park football fields. CoreSpeed in the Park will be lead by SCOT Ambassador Carlos Vega of CoreSpeed 101. Carlos will conduct a cardio obstacle course to begin to train families for the upcoming "MudQuest Family Adventure" on May 7th. Bring your entire family and join the fun and get fit for 2011!

Join us Saturday, April 30th at 9:00am for the Run/Walk with Mayor Alan McGraw at the Old Settlers Park Trails. We will meet at the Rabb Pavilion at 9:00am and will begin the event at 9:15am.

Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department and the Sports Capital of Texas Ambassadors present the "MudQuest Family Adventure," a themed adventure run offering the entire family more obstacles, more mud and more fun than your average run event.  Join us at 8:00am Saturday, May 7, at Old Settlers Park for this unforgettable family event. Prepare to get messy if you want to conquer the "MudQuest Family Adventure."

The event is FREE for the entire family but you must register for the event at www.roundrockrecreation.com. Spaces will fill quickly, so register your family now!
 
The "MudQuest Family Adventure" is another quality event brought to you by the Round Rock Parks & Recreation Department with special assistance from the MudQuest Adventure Run organization.
  
The "MudQuest Family Adventure" is sponsored by KB Home Legends Village.

PARD Summer Registration is Now Open!


PARD Summer registration is now open! Check out www.roundrockrecreation.com to browse our new virtual program guide now and check out our swim lessons, pool information, instructional classes, summer day camps, sports camps and more!

NEW FOR OUR 2011 SUMMER DAY CAMPS:  ONLINE PAYMENT PLAN OPTION & AUTOMATIC PAYMENT DRAFTS!
You may now register for Summer Day Camps entirely online and use our new online payment plan option or choose to pay in full.  If you choose to use our payment plan option, you will be required to pay 30% of all weeks you choose to register for at time of registration; the remaining 70% is due on the 10th of the month, one month in advance. Payment plan options are also available for in person registration.   

ALSO NEW FOR 2011!
Automatic payment drafts using your credit/debit card are available for those using the payment plan option. This feature can be added to your account at any time.  If you are interested in setting up automatic payment drafts, you must visit our Main PARD office or Clay Madsen Recreation Center to complete required paperwork.  We've now made it even easier to register your child for the various high quality Summer Camps by visiting www.roundrockrecreation.com

For more than 10 years, the Round Rock Parks & Recreation Department has offered a variety of after school programs, preschool programs, summer day camps and sports camps for children of all ages. 

SUMMER DAY CAMPS:
Kapers and Kids & Rockin' R Summer Day Camps
offer a wide variety of activities each related to a weekly theme including indoor and outdoor games, sports activities, cooking projects, arts and crafts, movies, fieldtrips to exciting destinations and swimming!


Adaptive Youth Camp
is for youth (ages 6-12) with disabilities; Adaptive Teen Camp is for teens and adults (ages 13-21) with disabilities. This program offers special daily activities, each related to a weekly theme, including swimming, field trips, arts and crafts, sports, drama, cooking, group games and more. A small counselor to camper ratio insures all participants get the attention they need.


Summer Sports Camps
for all ages are available. Camps include Sporty's for Shorty's, Slam'n Jam'n Basketball Camp, Flag Football, Brandy Perryman Shooting Camp, Fencing, Shoot for the Stars Harlem Legends Basketball, Karate, Sportball, Habits Elite Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, Racquetball and much more.
The camps are staffed by energetic, talented and motivated counselors and offer a variety of activities for children of all ages and interests. All camps take place at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center, Kinningham House, Old Settlers Association Tabernacle and Old Settlers Park.


For more information about the Summer Day Camps, contact the Clay Madsen Recreation Center at 218-3220.