Transportation System board, City Council approve funds for select downtown projects
The Round Rock Transportation System Development Corporation (4B) Board and City Council approved funding for six downtown infrastructure projects on Thursday, July 9.
The 4B board and City Council approved the following (map PDF):
- Funding for Project 1 in the amount of $1.2 million to design the Main Street extension between the IH-35 north frontage road and San Saba, and acquire right of way.
- Funding for Project 2 in the amount of $2.8 million to design and construct Main Street between San Saba and Brown Street.
- Funding for Project 3 in the amount of $1.4 million to design and construct Main Street between Brown Street and Blair Street.
- Funding for Project 4 in the amount of $216,000 for the design of Main Street between Blair Street and Mays Avenue.
- Funding for Project 5 in the amount of $423,000 to design the realignment of Round Rock Avenue onto Liberty Avenue and design a traffic signal at the Liberty-Mays intersection.
- Funding for Project 7 in the amount of $210,000 to design and construct storm sewer improvements along Blair Street between Main Street and Florence Street; this project would provide storm sewer for the Main Street improvements.
You can view a video of the 4B board meeting here. Two people spoke during the public hearing. You can watch the City Council meeting video here. Go to Item 9C2 on the agenda drop down menu for quick viewing.
We have also established the dates and times for our next public input meetings on the draft plan. We’ll have an Open House from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 29, and from noon to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 30, in the Community Room at the McConico Building, 301 W. Bagdad Ave.
I’m also working to set up some time over the next month or so for informal visits with folks interested in the Downtown Plan. When I have dates, time and locations nailed down I’ll post out a notice here. As always, if you want to visit one-on-one, I’m happy to do that as well. Just shoot me an email or give me a call.